Choosing a theme or colour scheme for your baby’s first birthday cake smash is super-dooper exciting and also extremely difficult! How can you possibly choose one?! Let me help…
First lets look at some ideas…
- Colour Schemes – this is endless… choose one colour, choose different shades of the same colour, choose two colours (complementary, contrasting), choose three colours (analogous, triad, semi-complimentary), choose heaps of colours like a rainbow… this link here will help you choose colours based on the colour wheel.
Or use your imagination, think…
Aqua and purple
Lime and yellow
Pink and white
Apricot and silver
Black and gold
Blue and grey
- Favourite TV shows or movies or books
Thomas the Tank Engine
Sesame Street – or the characters like Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch, Big Bird
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman
Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse
Dr Seuss, Cat in the Hat, Horton Hears a Who, The Lorax
Where the Wild Things Are
Fairy tales – Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty & the Beast,
Bananas in Pyjamas
SpongeBob Square Pants
Alvin & the Chipmunks
Winnie the Pooh
- Favourite Themes
Construction worker, trucks
Baseball, Footy, Soccer, Tennis,
Airplanes, Sky, Clouds, Pilot, Paper planes
Snow Flakes, Snow Storm, Winter, Forest
Sprinkles, Icecream, Bakery
Jungle, Monkey, Safari, Whales, Under the Sea, Dinosuars
There are so many ideas out there. I can loose hours on Pinterest finding new ones…
Now that I have overloaded you with different themes and schemes it’s time to work out which is best for you and your little one.
Keep in mind the following when choosing:
- You will cherish these photos for the rest of your life and they will be passed down to your children and your grandchildren and probably generations more to come.
- This session is to celebrate your baby’s first birthday – the milestone and the little person growing.
I have clients who choose their theme or colour scheme based around…
- the nursery – what colours are in the nursery? what theme is in the nursery?
- the child’s absolute favourite movie, TV show or book
- a special family memory (e.g. Beatrix Potter books are passed through the family or the dad & grandad are policeman or the family barracks for St Kilda)
- the party – what is the theme? what are the colours?
The session really needs to reflect your baby, their family and their personality… If you need help working out a theme or scheme or want to bounce some ideas, please contact me at any time – I love planning these sessions 🙂
If you would like more info on our cake smash sessions, please have a look here.
I am taking limited Cake Smash Sessions in 2016 to ensure the highest quality for each of my clients. Please book your session early to secure your spot… use the contact form, email me at email@example.com, visit facebook, or call me on 0439 049 989 to discuss your session.